A Quick and Delicious Grilling How-To Guide
We want to share how you can prepare the most delicious party-pleasing dish with a few tips straight from Designer Beef’s own recipe book.
Start by inviting your friends!
The more the merrier. Did you know that at Designer Beef we have a referral program? When the person you refer to us also orders from our product catalog, we give you $150 off your own beef order. This offer applies to each customer referred!
A few recipes for inspiration
Firstly, plan the recipe in advance and make sure to draw up a menu for your guests. For example, our menu at Designer Beef always includes 60-day dry-aged burgers, as well as this potato salad recipe found at the end of this article.
Do you know what else goes great with a hot, Texas sunny day? An ice-cold smoothie! Here’s a recipe on how to make your own mixed berry smoothie. We include our favorite, handpicked recipes like these in every order of beef.
Let’s get grilling! Here’s how to prepare your burgers
- A few days before the big grilling day, place the frozen meat inside the fridge so it can thaw.
- Once thawed, prepare the burgers by shaping them with your hands. Be careful not to over press or overhandle the patties, as this makes the beef lose its moisture.
- Season the meat a few minutes before putting them on the grill. At Designer Beef, we recommend only using salt and pepper because our dry-aged hamburgers are already so delicious! No need to over-saturate the beef with the flavors it already has.
- It’s now time to fire up the grill. For grilling, we prefer propane, a cast-iron skillet, or our favorite charcoal. Once the grill is ready, place the burgers on top, and then cook for 3-5 minutes on each side.
Tip: do not squish the burgers on the grill, as this pushes out the moisture. You want the beef to be as juicy as possible!
Extra tips and tricks
- If you really want to impress your guests, you can toast the buns on the grill for extra texture and zest. Try it out! You might be surprised by how much they like it.
- Because it’s summer, decorate your dinner party by using anything red, white, and blue. Not only is it great for the Fourth of July, but we do this when we want to celebrate the beautiful nation we live in!
Get ready for all your friends and loved ones to be impressed with the most amazing burger they’ve ever had. And for even more tips on how to cook your burgers, visit us at our blog where you can discover the other kinds of recipes and how-to’s we provide.
Loaded Baked Potato Salad Recipe
3-lb bag red potatoes
1-1 ½ cups sour cream (reduced fat is fine)
½-¾ cup mayonnaise, (light is fine)
1-2 packages ranch seasoning mix
1 ½ cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
5 green onions, chopped
10-12-oz. Package thick-cut bacon, cooked & crumbled
[Recipe courtesy of Chiefmarkets.com]