Mouth-watering, golden, crispy fried schnitzel.
- Difficulty (0 = Caveman, 5 = Thomas Keller): 4
- Serving size: 1-2
- Prep/cook time: 45 min.
- Meat temp: N/A
- 4 cups potato starch
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp onion granules
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 2 tsp MSG
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 cup parsley
- 4 cup corn oil
- 3 sweetbreads
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, place the sweetbread inside and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from water and pat dry.
- Get 2 cups of the potato starch in one bowl.
- In another bowl, crack the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- In a third bowl, combine the remaining potato starch, onion granules, MSG, salt and pepper, paprika, cayenne and whisk.
- Bring the oil to 375°F in a dutch oven.
- Place the sweetbread in the potato starch and coat thoroughly, then place in the egg wash, drain thoroughly, then place in the final spice mix and place in the oil.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until deep golden.
- Flip after the back is golden and cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Throw the parsley in the oil, stand back. It’s sparky.
- Cook the parsley for 10 seconds, or until the crackling stops and remove with slotted spoon, placing on a paper towel lined plate.
- Place the schnitzel back into the oil for 1 minute per side.
- Serve on a plate, laying the crispy parsley on top with lemon wedges and salt to garnish.
Need more help?
Have questions on the recipe or how to prepare your Designer Beef? Shoot an email to our Chef: firstname.lastname@example.org
Myk Walton is a Professional Chef who loves to share his culinary creations (and music, family, etc.) on Instagram (@mykwalton). He named his Designer Beef cow “Gomer” and has dedicated himself to making the most of Gomer’s sacrifice by helping others do the same!