Plov with Heart
This traditional Soviet rice dish is sure to warm your heart.
- Difficulty (0 = Caveman, 5 = Thomas Keller): 3
- Serving size: 4-6
- Prep/cook time: 50 min.
- Meat temp: Well-done
- 2 lbs beef heart, small dice
- 2 white onions, julienned
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 3 cups Calrose rice
- 5 bay leaves
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup beef tallow
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 bell peppers, fine julienne
- 3.5 cups beef broth
- Melt the tallow on sauté setting on the instant pot.
- Sauté the onions, garlic, bell pepper, carrot, salt, pepper and cumin until soft (about 8 minutes).
- Add the beef heart and brown.
- Add the rice, broth and bay leaves.
- Cook in instant pot on the rice setting (15 min) on high pressure.
- Release pressure.
- Stir well before eating and serve.
Need more help?
Have questions on the recipe or how to prepare your Designer Beef? Shoot an email to our Chef: firstname.lastname@example.org
Myk Walton is a Professional Chef who loves to share his culinary creations (and music, family, etc.) on Instagram (@mykwalton). He named his Designer Beef cow “Gomer” and has dedicated himself to making the most of Gomer’s sacrifice by helping others do the same!