A simple and flavorful sausage recipe to elevate any of your meals or enjoy on its own.
- Difficulty (0 = Caveman, 5 = Thomas Keller): 4
- Serving size: 2-3
- Prep/cook time: 1 hour
- Meat temp: Desired doneness
- Rare: 120-125°F
- Medium-Rare: 130-135°F
- Medium: 140-145°F
- Medium-Well: 150-155°F
- Well-Done: 160°F or higher
- 1 lb beef, cubed
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp MSG
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp molasses
- 2 tsp minced onion
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- Beef casing
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- In a meat grinder, grind all the ingredients to a medium grind.
- Like the previous sausage recipe, wash out the casing and soak for 20 minutes to an hour.
- Stuff the sausage mixture into the casings and tie off the ends.
- Immediately grill or sautée the sausages and serve (this is a very different style of sausage as it is not cured).
- Get the coals hot, grill like a hot dog (about 4 minutes per side).
Need more help?
Have questions on the recipe or how to prepare your Designer Beef? Shoot an email to our Chef: firstname.lastname@example.org
Myk Walton is a Professional Chef who loves to share his culinary creations (and music, family, etc.) on Instagram (@mykwalton). He named his Designer Beef cow “Gomer” and has dedicated himself to making the most of Gomer’s sacrifice by helping others do the same!