Truly an underrated cut of meat. Tender, vitamin packed, and easy to handle.
- Difficulty (0 = Caveman, 5 = Thomas Keller): 3
- Serving size: 2
- Prep/cook time: 25 min.
- Meat temp: Medium
- Salt and pepper
- 2 steaks of heart
- 2 tbsp MSG
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Corn starch, as needed to coat
- Season the heart steaks with MSG and salt and pepper.
- Dip them to coat in the corn starch.
- Get a pan smoking hot with oil.
- Sear the steaks for 4 minutes per side.
- Let rest for 4 minutes and slice very thin for serving.
- Serve with Brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes.
Need more help?
Have questions on the recipe or how to prepare your Designer Beef? Shoot an email to our Chef: firstname.lastname@example.org
Myk Walton is a Professional Chef who loves to share his culinary creations (and music, family, etc.) on Instagram (@mykwalton). He named his Designer Beef cow “Gomer” and has dedicated himself to making the most of Gomer’s sacrifice by helping others do the same!