24K Gold-Crusted Bone-In Ribeye
This is the most visually appealing steak you will ever make.
- Difficulty (0 = Caveman, 5 = Thomas Keller): 4
- Serving size: 2
- Prep/cook time: 35 min.
- Meat temp: Desired doneness
- Rare: 120-125°F
- Medium-Rare: 130-135°F
- Medium: 140-145°F
- Medium-Well: 150-155°F
- Well-Done: 160°F or higher
- Edible gold leaf
- 1 tbsp MSG
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sprig of rosemary
This is strictly to impress your friends and family, and an idea to help you be inspired to present them with a fancy looking meal.
- Sous vide your beef to 100°F (about 2.5 hours) with rosemary, parsley, garlic, MSG, salt and pepper.
- Get your grill up to high temperature (~375°F), and grill for 2 minutes per angle per side (4 minutes total per side).
- Remove from heat and let the beef rest.
- In a pan, melt the butter, coat the steak with the butter after it’s melted.
- Get some tweezers, and gently lay the gold leafs on the steak.
- This takes practice, make sure there’s no breeze and that the steak is warm but not straight off the grill hot.
- Slice the beef and serve.
Need more help?
Have questions on the recipe or how to prepare your Designer Beef? Shoot an email to our Chef: firstname.lastname@example.org
Myk Walton is a Professional Chef who loves to share his culinary creations (and music, family, etc.) on Instagram (@mykwalton). He named his Designer Beef cow “Gomer” and has dedicated himself to making the most of Gomer’s sacrifice by helping others do the same!