Pistachio Crusted Filet
A classic Texas-style take on a traditional French dish.
- Difficulty (0 = Caveman, 5 = Thomas Keller): 5
- Serving size: 2
- Prep/cook time: 45 min.
- Meat temp: Rare to med-rare
- 1 tsp herbs de Provence
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 2 4 oz filet
- In a food processor, add the pistachios, herbs de Provence, bread crumbs and melted butter. Mix until combined.
- Make sure your beef is at room temperature, and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a pastry brush, cover the filet in dijon.
- Put the pistachio mix onto a large plate and completely coat the filet in the pistachio mixture.
- Set the filet in the oven at 400°F for 6 minutes for rare to medium rare.
Need more help?
Have questions on the recipe or how to prepare your Designer Beef? Shoot an email to our Chef: firstname.lastname@example.org
Myk Walton is a Professional Chef who loves to share his culinary creations (and music, family, etc.) on Instagram (@mykwalton). He named his Designer Beef cow “Gomer” and has dedicated himself to making the most of Gomer’s sacrifice by helping others do the same!