You will enjoy this elevated mousse experience. This is for the true culinary adventurer. Creamy, savor liver mousse.
- Difficulty (0 = Caveman, 5 = Thomas Keller): 5
- Serving size: 3-5
- Prep/cook time: 1 hour
- Meat temp: N/A
- 8 oz beef liver
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 white onion, minced
- 1/2 cup garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp sugar
- In a dutch oven, combine all ingredients and cook until soft on low heat (about 20-30 minutes).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool (or not if serving hot).
- Fine mesh strain, or squeeze all liquid out through cheesecloth into a whipping siphon.
- Secure top, and infuse with two N20 cartridges, mixing vigorously for 5 minutes each infusion.
- Either chill for 45 minutes for cold, or serve immediately.
Need more help?
Have questions on the recipe or how to prepare your Designer Beef? Shoot an email to our Chef: email@example.com
Myk Walton is a Professional Chef who loves to share his culinary creations (and music, family, etc.) on Instagram (@mykwalton). He named his Designer Beef cow “Gomer” and has dedicated himself to making the most of Gomer’s sacrifice by helping others do the same!