Cactus & Potatoes with Dry-Aged Ground Beef
If you’ve never had cactus, this is a great meal to introduce yourself to it! Savory, tangy, hearty.
- Difficulty (0 = Caveman, 5 = Thomas Keller): 2
- Serving size: 4-6
- Prep/cook time: 30 minutes
- Meat temp: Medium well
- 32 oz nopales
- 1 sweet onion, julienned
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 6 potatoes, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp garlic granules
- 2 tbsp onion granules
- 1/2 cup jalapeño, diced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- Place the jalapeño in a blender with salt and the broth and blend until smooth.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and drop the potatoes in for 5 minutes, remove and drain.
- In a pan, heat oil and add the potatoes, onion, nopales, garlic granules, ground beef and the jalapeño mix.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- You can also use poblano, red chili, or any type of chili if jalapeño is too spicy for you.
- For a traditional sour taste, you can use 4 bell peppers, 1/3 cup lime, 1/3 cup sour cream and blend.
Need more help?
Have questions on the recipe or how to prepare your Designer Beef? Shoot an email to our Chef: email@example.com
Myk Walton is a Professional Chef who loves to share his culinary creations (and music, family, etc.) on Instagram (@mykwalton). He named his Designer Beef cow “Gomer” and has dedicated himself to making the most of Gomer’s sacrifice by helping others do the same!